Have to be 18 years old or older. Need to pass a Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse and Neglect Background, Drug Test, Drivers Licenses, and Lifting Evaluation.
- 19 hours or less a week - No benefits
- 20 to 28 hours a week - Will accumulate vacation and sick time but no medical benefits
- May have a flexible hourly schedule
- Will be responsible to complete required training which includes but not limited to:
- CPR (895.07), First Aid (895.08)
- Medication Module (895.06)
- Seizure Module (895.10)
- Supporting Individuals (895.39)
- Positive Behavior Supports (895.51)
- A/N/E yearly
- Therapeutic Response yearly
- Will take part in activities as assigned. This would mean you are to assist with making sure the people supported have the ability to take an active part in activities going on and may require minimal assistance to hand over hand assistance to complete
- Will take part in community activities that may require you to assist with pushing people who are using wheelchairs
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Provide a supportive and positive atmosphere for the people we support, relating to them in a positive/respectful/friendly manner and being aware of the feelings and needs of each person supported
- Encourage socialization among the people we support, staff through the day program, people that visit the day program and when taking part in community activities
- Understand LISTEN's policy on Social Media which states: The posting or sharing of all information about a client's personal profile including but not limited to name, address, phone number, medical information, or pictures of the client without prior approval from the Executive Director or guardian is prohibited. This information is to be guarded and protected and considered as a client right to privacy.
- Other job duties assigned as needed
Responsible for following directions and taking an active part in assisting people supported with planned activities which includes but not limited to:
- Full-time (Monday through Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm)
- Half-time (20 - 25 hours a week)
- Part-time (less than 19 hours a week)